View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:01 AM

There have been times that I wished that I would have had my gun with me, but in these times you never know what might happen. The only time that I have ever had to even show my gun was when I was going to a football game in Knoxville. I was traveling at night to go and stay with a friend and I had to make a so called "Pit Stop". Being around 11:30 at night, I stopped at the last rest stop on I 81 before it merges into I 40. This was a mistake but when ya gotta go ya gotta go. I went into the restroom and there was absolutley no one around that I could see. After being in for a minute I heard the door open and then there was someone right next to me. This guy was most likely one of those that their "door swings the wrong way" but I hurried up and took of bussiness and left. As I was sitting the car looking for somethhing, this wacko came up to the door and tried to open it and get in. I reached quickley under my jacket and grabbed by Colt Government Model 45 and held it where he could see it. When he saw it, he made like horse s#@t and hit the trail and left. I can only imagine what he was looking to do and I am thankfull that I had my gun with me. A lot of times all you have to do is let the thug or whatever know that you do have a gun and they will not bother you.