View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:47 PM

Default Spring Teaser...

Finally had a chance to to get out and hit Little River for a couple of hours on Friday... the water had dropped enough and though a little low, it allowed the sun to warm up the shallows which had a magical effect on the fish. There was a flurry of activity around noon...I LDR'd about 5 fish before getting my sea legs on and dialed in the light takes...oddly, the browns kept getting bigger after each cast when finally I tied into some fight with slender a 16"... thinking I couldn't be happier with the action I didn't deserve - the big brother showed up with a bone to pick and was a heck of a fight... a good 22"er...

Not happy having to photo them riverside on the ground, but no net and water was freezing...they splashed me in the face on the way out though - last laugh I guess...
The funny thing is, last year I was absolutely schooled on a huge brown in the same spot. In the back of my mind - I went with anticipation for a rematch...while it may not have been the same fish, it certainly scratched an itch I've had all year...