View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
steamnsteel steamnsteel is offline
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 35

I do know that to harvest ginseing and other herbs along with shrubbery and firewood you have to get a permit for the compartment that you are harvesting. I would stop by a local forest service office and ask them, but if you are just getting a handful or two there may not be a problem. This applies to the National Forest as Grannyknot was asking. In the GSMP berries for personal consumtion are okay and I am pretty sure that morels are good also. Ramps, ginseing and any flower or shrub will get you in trouble. I know for a fact that ginseing plants are injected with a tracking dye in certain parts of the park.

Last edited by steamnsteel; 05-04-2010 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: typo correction
Reply With Quote