View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 09:33 PM

Saturday I attened my 1st, but not last, Troutfest and had a nice time. I woke up Saturday morning a little quezzy and wasn't in the best condition to really enjoy much of anything.
I got to talk with Jim Casada who was just as nice in person as he was when he welcomed me to the forum (see "Newbie from Bama" in New Members Board).
Joe Humphrey was very kind and took the time to explain some of his tying tips to a Newbe fly tyer (I was sitting there while the lady in the shear blouse and black bra was videoing him)
Being new to flyfishing and tying the biggest deal for me was to finally met Cassie Lo Sulzby and watch her tie. She is from my neck of the woods and has several of her flies for sale at Riverside Fly Shop, on the Sipsey Fork of the Black Warrior River. She was also the best looking fly tyer that I saw there .
I liked the part of having the tyers spread out, it kept people from packing up in one area and passing right through others. I personally do not care for the arts and crafts but know some that do, need something for all. The music was good but a bit loud, the icecream booth needs to be moved away from enclosed areas . Need to make sure the grass is mowed a little better in the area.
All in all enjoyed myself and look forward to next year and better health