View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM

Jim you hit the nail in the head, I also have met Sam, I think I own about 1/2 the books from the book store. and a few others. I know that Byron and crew set this up as a revenue generator, but it has become a place where you can develop relationships. I just posted about Gaintfish and the advice the board give him several years ago. I am a very protective dad and he was not allowed to use message board as a young teen other than this one, there for a while there was this young kid posting that was very entertaining, one day i went to the young posters profile and notice it had a picture of my son fly fishing. I could not figure how this kid got my sons picture. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. Then the light bulb clicked Gaintfish was my son. After fixing a few security he was given the freedom to post as much as he wants. But as he got older and I let him have a face book account, Friends and girls became funner than LRO.
I feel that through the board and the shop I have developed a relationship with Byron, Paula, Daniel and crew. and now Byron Has helped to make troutfest what it is, which is not only a fund-raiser but another way for the fly-fishing community to create new relationships.

Byron and crew has done way more than offer us a fine fly shop. he has helped was create a great fly fishing community. One where a overprotective father feels save to have his young son be a part of. He is also fun in Bear camp!