View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 PM

Your pictures take me back right away to that campsite and exact same tent set up. I made that trip for three spring breaks while in school and absolutely loved each time. Not that the fishing was overly spectacular or even good but something about that place still has me wanting to go back. The tree next to the fire pit has those two roots exposed and I would lay my therma rest between the two roots and against the tree and have a back woods lazy-boy. The Hike in is a cinch, bombing down hill all the way. The hike back up stiff knee, however, is a much different story.

Even a few years ago I found fishing to be much the same. Only a few fish caught each time but I did break off on a true giant as well, on a dry fly (Tennessee Wulf), on my last trip. My first trip I had great success on the last day on dries about a mile down stream from the camp. I also sat and watch a solid 18" fish in the tail of the large pool in front of the campsite one afternoon for at least 20 minutes, only to spook him on my first attempt.

Your pictures and story made my mind up. I am going back.