View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM

Default Fish from 30 May 10

Found some solitude today, had to go above 10,500 to leave the crowds. Guess the 46 degrees it was up there kept the weekend warriors down lower. The fish however were more than accomadating. The stream I've been picking apart actually widens up top, and becomes all cutties, no brooks or browns. Oh well I know where to get the others in abundance. Them cutts sure can't get enough of green rubber legged stimis. Tried same size, smaller, larger all colors; they all get hits but not like the rubber legs (guess the same is true of rubber legged women). Grasshoppers in the high meadows as well, they move slow at altitude, might be why the fish have taken such a shine to them.

Also found the creek I had been searching for, I think. Covered in campers, yahoos, sticky looking kids, and idiots. I ain't exactly the safest or smartest, just don't think its a good idea to unload the guns across a road with my 3 yr old crumbsnatcher running around in diapers unsupervised. There are always other weekends, besides the creek was about 1/3 covered in ice still.

Aspens finally budded out up to 9,800 feet. Smelled like spring.