Thread: South Toe
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman View Post
That area was devastated by a couple hurricanes about 5 or 6 years ago. I can't remember exactly, but I think it might have been Francis and Ivan, or something like that. I'm not sure if the road has ever reopened? Did you walk in from the campground or the parkway? Was the fishing any good? I haven't heard many good reports from that area since the storm.
I walked in from the parkway and believe me it was a heck of a walk back to the truck since it was almost all uphill. My legs are still sore. LOL But yeah the fishing was pretty good. Nothing of any size but I was probably getting a strike or a fish in at least every other pool. But yeah just thought it was kinda weird that they had it closed since the road was in perfect shape and the new bridges. Next time I go up in the area I am probably just going to walk from the campground since it will be a lot easier walk out.
"Unless one can enjoy himself fishing with the fly, even when his efforts are unrewarded, he loses much real pleasure. More than half the intense enjoyment of fly-fishing is derived from the beautiful surroundings, the satisfaction felt from being in the open air, the new lease of life secured thereby, and the many, many pleasant recollections of all one has seen, heard and done." - Charles F. Orvis