Thread: Near Vail, CO?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamhound View Post
Not sure about Cube but my wife has been thinking we need to rough it at the Beaver Creek Hyatt so PeteCz what would you suggest?
I spend over 50 nights a year in hotels and I have yet to stay in one I enjoyed more than the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek.
http://beavercreek.hyatt.com/hyatt/h...fers/index.jsp

That being said, its very overpriced and I would only stay there again if someone else was paying for it (again). I believe its like $600 during ski season and $250 in the off seasons...

In some ways it reminds me of the Grove Park Inn. It has an awesome lobby and lots to do all around at the hotel with shops and great restaurants, but since you are sleeping for a large part of the time you are there, the rooms are no better than any Doubletree or Hilton for $100 per night...Stay somewhere else and spend parts of the day there instead...IMO...

And if you are looking for ski towns, I think Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs and Aspen are more fun. Vail and Beaver Creek are a bit stuffy for me...Aspen can be too, but it has more of a feel of a real town...

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."