View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Warrior View Post
No, we did not fish the white or norfork. When we went to the buffalo it was my moms day to do what she wanted. Next time we are going to try to stay on the norfork and fish it and the white. Have you fished the trophy section of the white. If so, how does it fish?
It fishes great! There is a good mix of 'bows & browns. There are a few cutthroats on the river also. I have caught cutthroats now & then, but they have been small. BHPT's, princes, zebra midges, and olive wooley buggers will work well. Hatches are usually localized, and you won't see swarming hatches coming off the water, that's why I usually fish nymphs or wooley buggers. Scuds and sowbugs are in abundance on the White, so have some of those in your fly box.

The White, above Cotter, is narrow, and in a canyon-like area. When the generators are on at Bull Shoals Dam, the water will rise quickly, and you could be trapped. Ask me how I know! Just watch the generation schedules.

Mountain River Fly Shop in Cotter is a complete fly shop with up to date info on the White, Buffalo, and Norfolk. Here is their link:

http://www.mtnriverflyshop.com/

Bill

Last edited by kentuckytroutbum; 07-27-2010 at 06:52 PM..