Thread: Chimney Tops
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayliffe View Post
Pineman,
Any suggestions on suitable locations to drop in Walker Camp Prong? I'm interested in fishing it sometime soon, and it looks like there is about 3.5 miles of water between the Road Prong confluence and Newfound Gap; however, I've read that, at some point along Walker Camp Prong, the fish activity is "dead" or diminished, allegedly because of the acidity issues associated with Anakeesta rock formsations. Anyway, I've fished Road Prong before with good sucess and don't want to pass it up in favor of Walker Camp Prong if there is a "dead zone" lurking out there.
I have only fished Walkers Camp a few times, mainly cause I don't like fishing along roads too much, but it can be a good stream for bows and specs, especially if you're not looking for bigger fish. I have fished right above the Chimney Tops trailhead and farther up Newfound Gap Rd., after passing through the tunnel. There is a relatively large parking area where after the streams switches to the left side of the road. I did pretty well there once. Honestly, I don't think he makes a whole lot of difference until you get above the Alum Cave trailhead, although I've never fished it up that high.

I have seen other people post that they haven't had any luck fishing the very upper headwaters above where it crosses Newfound Gap Rd. for the last time.

Neal