View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:15 AM

Hey Jeff.....good to hear from you. I hope all is well.

Back on topic.....

The irony of this whole subject... Five (5) years from now the "newer" folks that benefited from the hotspotting of small streams will be the one's complaining about the naming of streams on the ,net.

There are more than a few campsites in the Park that I have recently crossed off my list due to trash and such....that at one time were beautiful areas.

I remember when I began fishing the Park...over 30 years ago....the first thing I did was order ALL of the USGS quads of the Park. There were about 12 of them if I recall. I also ordered a 1st edition copy of Don Kirk's guide book. Still have them. I'd study those maps for hours at a time....mapping out my next trip to likely looking spots. I can't explain the euphoric feeling you experience when you hike a few miles to a place that you previously knew as a spot on a map. The area is breathtakingly beautiful and as a bonus "you catch fish!" What happened to those days where fishermen had the initiative to do the time-consuming requisite preparation?? I realize times have changed and the younger video game, facebook generation has a need for instant gratification. I guess I'm still Old School and maybe that's my hangup.

This topic is kind of like a discussion on politics or religion. You can debate till you are blue in the face, but at the end of the day nothing has changed. You just have to find things out for yourself.

Ya'll catch a few this wekend...looks like great weather to get out. Me? I've got to paint the kitchen :-(