View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH0802 View Post
Shawn,
Let me know if you get a chance to plan a trip and I will try and help you out. It is a great experience.

Speed,
The best advice is to look at the tides, and plan a trip when the tides are good. Normally the tides are pretty good towards the end of summer/fall. Earlier in the summer the tides can be less predictable, i.e. the prevailing winds can keep the water out, while in the late summer/fall the prevailing winds often bring extra water in. I use a tide log, and the best bet would be to check the tides ahead and plan a trip when you have tides that are going to be from 7.7 to 8.3 for the majority of your visit. Now these tides are for the Beaufort/HHI area and are uncorrected at the Savannah River Mouth. Tides for other parts of the coast would be different, and I do not know what constitutes a good tide in the Charleston area (the tides there are lower than they are in my area). Hope this helps.

John
Thanks John, it helps allot. If you could head to the coast in October/November for the weekend and wanted to wade for redfish what are would you head to?