View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the kind words Tyler. We need to go fishing sometime, talk is cheap when nothing comes to fruition!

UPDATE!:

I got a call on Monday (10/04) from my recruiter asking if I was available on Wednesday and Thursday to go MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station). I gladly agreed, not caring if I had plans or not, this is far more important.

Wednesday the 6th rolls around and I had to go to the recruiter's to do a TON of pre-physical paperwork. I drive up to the hotel and got checked in around 4:30. We stayed at the Millennium Maxwell House, so it was pretty nice. My roommate arrived shortly after I did, talked for awhile, he's joining the Navy. I was the only Air Force guy there, everyone else was Army, Navy, or Marines. There was one Coast Guard guy though.

We decide around 7:00 to go eat dinner. When we went up to the buffet for seconds, I noticed a girl sitting by herself in the corner, who I had seen playing video games in our "common room." I asked her if she would like to join us, and she agreed. So minutes turn to hours of talking, she's an odd character but a lot of fun. We turned in 10 minutes before curfew because time had gone that fast.

Woke up at 4:00 AM on Thursday morning, the 7th. Got to MEPS around 5:45 after breakfast and the short commute. Went over even more paperwork, and started the physical. Everything went well, I was the first one done because I didn't have to wait to get into the Air Force office.

So, the short version: I'm officially signed and sworn in as an Airman in the United States Air Force

Oh, and the girl? We went out later that night... and the night after...