View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 10:58 PM

Default Newbie from Tullahoma, TN

Just wanted to give a brief introduction of myself as a new member of this site. I have lived in Tullahoma, TN., for 26 years. Moved here from Ohio. I spent 32 years as a bass tournament fisherman and gave it all up due to the overcrowding of the lakes and just too many "cheaters" when the prize money got larger. I had lost my love for fishing and called it quits. The wife could not believe I would sell my bass boat! She told me I had to find some way to fish or I would go crazy! A friend of mine told me to go get a fly rod and go to the rivers and I would find my lost love for fishing again and he was right. Now I have been fly fishing for all species for about 18 years, taught a Beginner's Fly Tying class twice a year for 14 years at Motlow College where I was employed until last year when I retired after 25 years. I really enjoy fly tying and teaching it to beginners and I love the peace and quiet the river provides when I am fly fishing. So far I have caught and released one 23" Rainbow, one 24" Brown and released a 18" Brown today while fishing the Elk River below Tim's Ford Dam. I am looking forward to enjoying this forum.