View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckypaddler View Post
Freddy & I fished almost up to Starkey today. Lot was full around noon. When we left at 5:30 it was empty except for one SUV and a 3 wheeler. Didn't see anyone else up there and by all the spider webs we broke it was obvious we had it to ourselves

I don't know of it was my change of fly patterns or what, but I caught more 1.5 to 2 inch fish than I ever caught before. And there was only one 6 incher, and only a few 5'ers. On the good side it looks like future generations of Brookies are doing well

How far up Sam's did you make it?
Gee, duckypaddler, I must have been just ahead of you on the way out. I got a late start and didn't get on the water until about 2:30. I also didn't follow the manway around from where it crosses Thunderhead to where it gets back to Sam's, instead I bushwhacked from that crossing downstream to the mouth of Sam's. I fished a couple of holes right there where they join, but didn't actually go up Sam's this time. Being over 50 and shaped a great deal like my namesake, I haven't gotten up the courage to go rockhopping through the wilderness just yet. I guess I need to put in some quality time in the gym this winter (and shed a few pounds) to get ready to hit it hard next spring. In the mean time, I think I'll stick to a little bit tamer water.