View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:12 PM

Thanks for the compliments. Its been a fun job working on this. The shelf and cupholders are definetely line grabbers so I plan on making a stripping barrel to sit on the floor. probably a tall collapsable leaf basket that I can sew a pocket into the bottom and add a sand bag for weight. The floor of the boat is slightly curved, it should sit stable enough. if that doesn't work, I'll use a trash can! If you've ever seen the documentary "BASS, the movie", the fly guy uses a stripping barrel to control the fly line in the bass boats.

Both of the bench seats have the original solid foam floatation underneath the wood. I may build a shelf table about 4" high and put it in the stern behind the rear bench to sit the gas tank when I get a motor. I could add extra foam inside of it, if I find that the weight of the motor and gas tank cause the stern to ride low. I'm also thinking about mounting the battery underneath the front bench in the bow and running wiring thru the gunnel channel from the bow to the stern. I pulled the nose cone off to check for clearance and someone had done this in the past for bow lights , just need to replace with a high gauge wires for the trolling motor. may buy a cheap pair of battery jumpers and use the wire for this.