View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbo View Post

MY POINT was that killing everything in a stream also kills the genetics of the remaining stock of ORIGINAL BROOK TROUT.... a genetically pure native brook trout can not be replaced with same.

My second point is that replacing a good fishery with a marginal fishery in a place that didn't have any pure genetically original fish may not be a good idea when you are killing all the other lifeforms in the stream.

There is a big difference between a native brook trout and an imported brook trout and some waters will never support either

Not trying to stir the pot; only questioning the science... .
When I say you are ignorant, it is not meant as an insult, but the comments above clearly show that you do not know very much about the process or the "science'' of what the fisheries folks in the park are doing, so you should really look more into it before "questioning the science".

The fact is that the Park fisheries biologists are top notch, if not some of the best in the world, and their work has been applauded many times over. I wont' argue with you or go into the "science", but their process doesn't approach total stream kill whatsoever. Also, the genetics have been studied and are pure.