View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 AM

Question Revenue Question

I always dread having to purchase a new license. However; the fishing license revenue + federal funding are the greatest contributors to maintaining healthy fishing streams and tail-waters. The Smokies get a few more dollars by uncle sam; but, they are well spent and their wildlife officers are top-notch.

*Interesting note; last year's 2010 TWRA Fishing Regulations noted that 90% of the funds come from license sales and federal excise tax.

**Does anyone know who gets the income generated by the TWRA Agents issuing fines? I know the county courts get a big chunk in the court costs. I was just wondering if they got the fine revenue too...

From the TWRA Website:
Quote:
Hunting and fishing license sales and federal excise taxes comprise almost 100 percent of the TWRA's operating funds. Thank you for buying a hunting and fishing license. Without your support, Tennessee would not have the abundance of fish and wildlife that we all enjoy.
to choose, to respond, to change.”