Thread: Trolling motor
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 AM
MadisonBoats's Avatar
MadisonBoats MadisonBoats is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norris, TN
Posts: 2,102
Post Helpful HIN/BIN Information & Links

*Guys, you want to get your boat registered if at all possible. You will have to pay about $9 a year to maintain it and incur potential tax fees in the beginning. However; this will help protect your boat from theft and allow you to recover it if stolen. Also; it will allow you to insure the boat. It is fairly affordable to get property insurance and liability insurance for a boat. Also; this helps with piece of mind. Please note that most insurers utilize a $500 incident deductible unless you request something lower.

This link answers the TWRA/State questions:

*However, the counties have different requirements. Most boats will have a HIN or BIN number if you look good enough. On Aluminum boats; check the transom area for numbers that have been filled in with paint.

HIN Location and link to request form:

Hull ID Numbers and how to interpret them:

Manufacturer ID Information:
“Every human has four endowments- self awareness, conscience, independent will, & creative imagination.
These give us the ultimate human freedom... The
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Reply With Quote