View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 AM

Purchased a pair of Korkers Chromes for this past Alaska trip, figured felt for wading and then switch to rubber if in a drift boat. Tried out the rubber soles the first day wading the Russian and slipped around on them all day. Plus, the new Boa systems have a small piece of tubing that the wire laces run through in each turn. These small pieces of tubing kept working their way up and out of place, had to push several back in place every time I put the boots on. Granted I never retightend while fishing, that might have solved the problem with the tubing sliding out. Was going to leave the boots up there for next trip, but the felt ban will more than likely be in place. G4s with the Aluma bite studs next time I go up, I know the studs wear out quick but I also know how well rocks stop an aluminum john boat, just makes since. As far as the Smokies, felt all the way for me.

Nobody has mentioned the Patagonia waders yet, I too would like to hear some feedback on them. They sound like a nice wader.