Thread: Tailwater Stamp
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by white95v6 View Post
The recommendation made earlier was to consider a guide license for the following waters: The rivers immediately below Wilbur, Watauga, South Holston, Cherokee, Norris, Appalachian, Tim’s Ford, Dale Hollow and Normandy dams.

you can email your comments to them.

TWRA.Comment@tn.gov. Please include “Sport Fish Comments” or “Fishing Guide License Comments” on the subject line of emailed submissions.
So..... basically all of the trout tailwaters in the area. I am assuming this is only a license for the guide himself and not his client. The client would still be responsible for a fishing license and trout stamp whether they be from TN or Out of State.

I have only floated the Watauga once, but have waded it a few times. If there was one tailwater on the list that I would support having a guide license fee on, that would be it. It is a zoo up there on weekends, and midweek isn't much better. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry with a driftboat is out there trying to make a buck. This results in some major congestion and even the occasional heated encounter when one person sits on a honey hole and blocks everybody from passing.

Not to mention the overwhelming majority of the vehicles (guided an not) on both the Watauga and South Holston are from out of state.

However, I don't necessarily agree with another license or fee. Why aren't they charging a bass tournament fee on the area's large lakes? Last time I checked North Carolina had a lower out-of-state trout license that ran 1-yr from date of purchase, with a lot more quality trout streams (including excellent DH waters). If we get too greedy, the OoS fisherman I referenced above on the Watauga and South Holston may just take their fishing trips and money to a neighboring state. What good does that do us?

My Blog --> http://tnfishingfanatic.blogspot.com/

My Photo Site --> http://knxtravis80.zenfolio.com/

Email ChemEAngler

Last edited by ChemEAngler; 09-13-2011 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Thought about a little more