Thread: Lower Clinch?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old east tn boy View Post
Fished it this morning from 9:30 till noon. Had a couple on briefly but landed nothing. Wore out my fly box but they weren't interested in anything I had. Fished nymph & midge droppers off a Stimulator (don't care much for strike indicators) and of all things, several strikes came on the Stimulator! Go figure.

Spoke to two others coming off the river, one fly fisherman and one spin fisherman. Neither caught a fish.

The lower Clinch since mid September has been atrocious. I have had only one decent day since then and it wasn't great. But Ms. Annie had fun swimming around after leaves in the water, which were everywhere. Reminded me of fishing in the park. I did land a LOT of leaves!

On the plus side, you'll have plenty of room anywhere you fish. There were only four of us fishing this morning.
I liked to throw stimulators in the late-fall and winter on the Clinch. Be sure and give them a little action and you are off...

I have only drifted the Clinch about 30 times this year and the lower end has been sparse in trout density. In contrast; the avg. fish size is significantly larger that the upper tail-water. I have consistently found striper fish in small schools around the bottom 1/3 of the river.

Most of the fish I have caught in this area have come on streamers.

David, give me a shout if you are interesting in taking my boat out Friday Morning...We will have to keep an eye out for any heavy rain as it could stain the river down from Coal Creek.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 10-27-2011 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: I never use spell check-dah...