View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineman19 View Post
Shawn,

I admire your ethical approach to boating and fishing on tailwaters. I also think it's cool that you are desgning a different boat for fishing these rivers. I wish you the best of success in this venture. Maybe one day, I'll be able to afford a boat

Neal

Thanks Neal for the compliment. I used to be a little more reckless in life and it took several life changing events to wake me up to what really matters in life. Living a good and honorable life is something no one can take away from you and no amount of money and power can buy!

For a boat; you should start with an old aluminum semi-v boat and a trolling motor. This will give you many opportunities to be on the river, affordable, and safe method.
I will help you prepare it for the river as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
I think it is because most folks are too lazy or don't want to invest the free time in building their own boat.

I would if I had the ability, time, and know how. However, my craftsmanship would lead to swimming fisherman, lost gear, and new structure on the stream bed.
I agree...that is probably another good reason. However; I have found that most people are pretty resourceful when they have the desire and dedication. I enjoy the beauty of the custom plank boats and hand-plane built boats. My problem is staying focused and not working too much on side projects.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 11-04-2011 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: clarity