View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knapp View Post
This is going to be a long winter for tailwater fisherman at the rate things have been going...guess I'll be hitting the mountains more despite the cold temperatures. Better to be out on a stream than not fishing at all...
Yes, it does seem to be above average for late-year precipitation. Maybe we can assume that we may get more than average snowfall this winter. I bet there will be some significant snow at Mt. Leconte this evening. I guess I will be stuck at home tying flies and watching videos until the Clinch eases up. Looks like that may be mid-January at this rate.

BTW; I drifted the Clinch last Saturday from the 61 Bridge to Clinton City Park Ramp-don't ask me why; basically because of logistics and time constraints. The water was flowing pretty hard and I did not even see a fish; much less catch one. I am sure most of the fish were holding steady at the bottom or hugging the banks to conserve energy and to be efficient feeders. I saw tons of trash, a few gnats, one sunk boat, a child's 4 wheeler, and some beavers foraging on the bank. It was nice to get out on the water and in the sunshine. But, the fishing sure stank.
to choose, to respond, to change.”