View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson10 View Post
David,

I was curious about the sinking line as to how deep it would get the flies on heavy generation. I have to say I was quite surprised how deep our flies were getting. In most areas of the river we were able to get them down to the bottom.

Also - its also been said to me that sinking lines don't cast well. We didn't have any trouble what so ever laying out tons of line with that Scott 6wt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knapp View Post
Were you using both full sinking and sinktip lines or just the sinktip? I've never had too much trouble with full sinking (people I fish with will probably say otherwise ) but wonder if the sinktip will get down as well...
Adam/David,
On two-generators or more; I have experienced much difficulty getting my streamers to sink/present well due to the force of the current. I have used intermediate sinking line but it did not seem to work well. I think I will try a complete sinking line next and see if it works any better.

I am glad Rod/Adam/David gave their insight on this topic as it has been one that has giving me trouble on high water flows.
to choose, to respond, to change.”