View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM

This is going to be fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
It is unfortunate, but there isn't much that can be done.To each his own I guess, but I can't help to be bothered when I hike 5 miles to find wet boot prints.
You need to get up earlier than I do or hike faster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrinG View Post
I sure found out that if a guy spends time pouring over topos and then is willing to hike and sweat, then crawl thru rhodo and briars and arrive at a blue line and find wild trout that are willing participants with a fly rod, it makes one appreciate and takje care of the find 99% more than if my buddy told me where to go, or I found out by surfing the internet.
Not true at all and not even a sentence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2weightfavorite View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again. There are no secrets in the park. No holes that someone else does not fish. These are not private waters. More and more people are "blue lining" for the same enjoyment you find in it, and therre will only be more in the years to come.
2weight knows where it's at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNCFLY View Post
Tnflyfisher, by your response I will assume you are either one of those people that like to share every detail about every creek.
Yep... and if you came to my native Adirondacks which are near and dear to me, I would still tell you where to find some nice browns so you didn't have to wander around 6 million acres trying to figure out where to fish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
Did anyone else but me find it amusing that the guy who owns the forum that doesn't allow naming streams was himself participating in the thread on this site about accessing streams through the reservation. I guess if it doesn't bother him that some people do that over here maybe it shouldn't bother us so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNCFLY View Post
Crockett, did you read my post? You will not find me giving up details on how to get to remote speck streams. Most of the guys who frequented this forum back then have moved on because of the very problem I am bringing to light. I'm sorry if it offends some here, but sometimes things just need to not be discussed?.
Did you read mine...?? Here we go again...
Popcorn anyone??

Tight Lines,