View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
This is really interesting as just today I was talking with one of the TVA benthic folks who has been doing a study on the Clinch for the past 2 years. He has basically catalogued every species of mayfly, caddis, and stonefly he found and his last sampling was done sometime around Thanksgiving.

He found the usual sulphurs, black caddis, blackflies, little black stones, a few hex, couple of light cahill's, and a couple of Quill Gordon's. He said unlike the South Holston where he finds good numbers of BWO's he has not found any in the Clinch or it's tributaries.

Not saying you are wrong Madison, just interesting that he didn't find any with his exhaustive studying and you found some yesterday.

Were they adults or nymphs? I am sure they would love to have samples as well.
Jim, actually I collected several sample jars for the day and I will review my samples to be sure I identified them correctly. I am not an entomologist; so, I may have been wrong. I will try and post some pics of them later.

PS-There were many scuds and black fly nymphs as is normal.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by MadisonBoats; 02-10-2012 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: added a few bugs...