View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFred View Post
My next to oldest big brother passed away suddenly Thursday. Although as kids he and I managed to set a sagebrush field on fire in the process, Bill taught me you can enjoy a hike to just about anywhere. For Bill, there was never a creek or a bluegill too small. Fish on, Bill!... and on and on.
I truly appreciate all the kind and encouraging words and have passed them along to my family. Bill was laid to rest yesterday. I said to many that came for visitation that Bill was likely fishing a really great stream where he is now, but I did not know until yesterday that the day before he passed away, he and others in his "family" at the nursing home spent most of the day before at Bass Pro Shop. Bill trusted God to "outfit" him in so many ways, given his mental illness and physical disabilities, but while gazing at all that gear, he just may have put in a special request or two. He was deserving if so.

As I knew he might, brother Al (post #3) was able to travel from Georgia to be at the services, standing on his own as much as he could.

Last edited by JoeFred; 02-28-2012 at 02:48 PM..