Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Recommendations?

I have a nikon DSLR that I take fishing with regularity. I find that it is the only way to really get great pictures whether of fish or landscapes. I have a canon digital point and shoot that takes great pictures that I always keep in the boat for grip and grins.

If you are thinking along the lines of a DSLR, I would personally choose a Nikon. That is personal preference and the debate between Nikon and Canon is much like Chevy vs Ford. They are both great products, I just found the Nikon more comfortable in my hands as the Canons were a little bit small.

I totally love my Nikon D50. I am taking pretty good pictures for my blog and I have no photographic talent. I claim it as the "blond proof" camera.

Paula

I take my SLR fishing with me also. I use a Pelican case when I'm canoing or boating and there are several water proof and water resistant back packs on the market for wading and such. I've carried the point and shoot cameras, I just like the control and responsiveness of the SLR's. My personal now is a 40D Canon EOS but I also have had the XT and Digital Rebel, all very good cameras. You would be fascinated at how a beginner can take beautiful pics and you can learn quickly with today's SLR's how to get creative with your photos. All in all I'll say it's money well spent for the DSLR.

Default Paula

Need link to blog please...I bet there's some good pictures on there! Please, please, please!

~Brett

Brett

It's not a fishing blog...it's a *gasp* food blog.

Paula

Food, just as good. If there is one thing that i love as much as fishing it's good food!

Craig

Default a little late

i'm a little late, but I have the olympus 790sw also. Check it out, it is gods gift to stream cameras. I saw a video a guy did once where he played a huge brookie at his feet while he took an underwater video. He owns the shop in cherokee if you want to see the clip. I second the I would never take the slr near the stream. Could you imagine the pain of watching your favorite lens drop to the stream bed?

Default Blog

Hey Paula,

Being a foodie, I sure would be interested in your blog. What's the address?
    Chris McCarthy

Many go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    - Henry David Thoreau