Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fly supply

Default fly supply

Hello , we will be down next weekend for a week. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if on the right track as for flies.
    adams 12,14,16,18
    parachute adams 12,14,16,18
    blue quill 12,14,16
    blue winged olive 14,16,18
    quill gordon 12,14,16
    also a reccomendation for quantity of each. I am new to fly fishing. any other suggestions would be appreciated. I can't wait
    Thanks,
    Eric

I'd probably fish the blue quills and BWOs a little smaller... #16-#18 on the blue quills and #18-#22 or smaller on the BWOs. Otherwise it looks like a good list to start from. Don't forget to stop by LRO. They'll know what's working and hook you up with the hot flies...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Plateau Angler View Post
    I'd probably fish the blue quills and BWOs a little smaller... #16-#18 on the blue quills and #18-#22 or smaller on the BWOs. Otherwise it looks like a good list to start from. Don't forget to stop by LRO. They'll know what's working and hook you up with the hot flies...
    I sure will, I just ordered a blue sky furled leader and 3 rolls of tippet 4x , 5x, 6x from LRO, can't wait to visit the shop. thanks for the advise.

P.A. should be right on with the selections, as far as the quantity......depends on how hungry the trees are that weekend

bob
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13

You may want to add a few Bead Head Pheasant Tails ( #14, #16, #18 ) to your list just in case the surface feeding drops off. You can always drop one off the bend of a #14 or #16 parachute Adams, dead drift one or hang one under an indicator.

Now if you were to ask Byron he'd recommend three different ones: Green Weenie, Green Weenie, and finally, a Green Weenie!

I, personally, have never caught any species of anything on a Green Weenie (even tree species don't like mine), but I know people who swear by them.

I'd take Byron's word for it....

Gerry

Talking Green Weenies

As of 2008 Green Weenies are not legal in the park.

hans,
    does that mean the barbie is illegal also
    sam
    I started with nothing, and I have most of it left.
    www.angelfire.com/film/samsfotosafari

Last spring, my son was using green weenies mainly because he liked the name. Well, he caught ten fish to my three. The next day, I tied on a weenie and caught seven.

I tied up a bunch of weenies this winter. They're killer on bluegill and smallmouth too.

Gotta love the weenie.

Jeff

Sam!

Yep, barbie is out.

Speaking of green weenies......whatcha think of this weenie with translucent stretch bracelet wire......

bob

Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13