Thread: Nice to hear other people talking about LRO

Default Nice to hear other people talking about LRO

Spent last weekend with MTFF on an outing to North River. The first thing I noticed was how many of them had on LRO hats. Saturday the weather was terrible and we were standing around trying to decide what to do. "Lets drive over to a fly shop" "the only good shop is LRO, and it is about an hour and a half away" "Man that is my favorite shop in the country, I could spend a lot of money there!" It amazed me that even people that are not GSMNP nuts like me are drawn to LRO. Byron you are one of the best businessmen I have met. What you have created with LRO should be an example to everyone in small business. That Reputation does not come form having the lowest prices, but developing relationships with your customers. and what is great is that it's not just you,Paula and Daniel, but your whole staff. I think it shows what a great business you have developed when a customer like myself takes pride in the fact
    that I feel a sort of personal ownership in the shop by the way I have been treated. But sorry Byron we decided to go after Brookies instead of coming over, but all is not lost I think some of them are coming up for Trout fest.

I think it shows what a great business you have developed when a customer like myself takes pride in the fact
    that I feel a sort of personal ownership in the shop
    Vern...that is exactly how you should feel! Each and every one of you, our customers and friends, need to feel ownership in LRO...because without you, there would be no LRO. We are indebted to you all.

Thank you so much for your comments...those kinds of things keep us going.

Our best,

Paula

Hi Vern

Thanks for the kind words. I 've been on several outings with MTFF and one of them a long time ago was at North River. You are good friends. Thanks to you and all of the folks at Middle Tennessee Fly Fishers for supporting us. We've had good times that I will never forget. I remember when about 15 of us would come to meetings. The last one I attended there were about 150. Keep up the good work.

Byron

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    "Lets drive over to a fly shop" "the only good shop is LRO, and it is about an hour and a half away"
    From North River? Ya'll need to drive faster...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Made my first trip out west last year and was expecting some dandy fly shops. They were fine, but none of them were as good as LRO.

Hey David, you fished the Toccoa before? Curtis Switch?

Hey Kevin, I haven't fished in GA at all but have been thinking about trying for awhile. Is it worth my time
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

I've not fished it yet, but the reports are good. I want to try it pretty bad. Hopefully I'll get an opportunity soon.

hey Kevin.....shoot me an email, I have some green weenies that you may like........they are posted on a few of the other threads.....

bob

reg40@woh.rr.com
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13