Thread: west prong on WED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default west prong on WED

I was able to fish a couple of hours in the early day rain yesterday. Caught my first mountain fish of the year on my first trip. I noticed some very small stoneflies coming off mainly. I did catch one of my more rewarding fish on a dry yesterday. I was able to put stealth and everything that I have learned together and then actually catch the fish that I was trying to catch. I usually just fish fishy looking water. It looks like this weekend should be great.
    "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing." Babylonian Proverb

Ok I just read the fishing report and the looked at the temps. Maybe the fishing won't be great but it will be a nice weekend to be on the river and in the mountains.
    "The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing." Babylonian Proverb

Congrats!! Catching a fish, you have spotted and are trying to catch is very rewarding...

Did you catch it on one of the flies you tied in class?

No, it was one bought at our favorite fly shop. I am going to try to tie something similar with the materials I have. I will have to do some substituting. I'm going to try to fish this weekend once or twice. Then one more time next week at least. I would like to go hit the delayed harvest on the Natahala before the end of this month. I really enjoyed fishing in that rain yesterday.