Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little River report 4/12/08

That's the area where I learned to fly fish with my "kin" from Sevierville....when I first started it was only a 2.7 mile walk, then they opened it up all the way to the place where you started...that opened up a lot of the higher water on both sides....you could walk a couple of miles up Fish Camp Prong and fish Goshen almost to the Dome...next time you are up there try starting in where the trail leaves the river just before the little bridge and fish up to the foot bridge.....think you will like what you find....will be there in june ....hope there are still some of those jewels to be had...thanks for the report and the photos.

Very informative and complete fishing report.

Looking at your photos and reading about your adventure felt like I was long for the fishing trip.

Thanks.

AK Skim

Buzz,
    Nice report. I liked the pictures and the description of the places will help on my next trip up there. Since you were nice enough to post pics of your Saturday, and since you and I had talked about turkey hunting earlier, I thought I would return the favor and post some pics from my Saturday. I know this isn't a hunting forum, but what the hey... Sometimes getting out in the woods is getting out in the woods. This is one of two gobblers that came in silent to about 20 yards together. Neither was the big boss, but nice mature birds.

Last edited by Brian Griffing; 04-15-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: fixing pictures
    Life is hard. But it's a lot harder if you're stupid.

For those of us who usually fish vicariously, this was GREAT! I know it's alot of work, but it sure is appreciated!!

Thumbs up

Great report Buzz. I need to fish that area in the near future, nothing better than being able to catch nice browns, bows and possibly brookies if you get high enough.

Neal

looks like there is finally a little bit of green starting to show up there. i like the photos...great report.

That was an awsome report. I feel like I just came back from fishing after reading your post. Great job. I'll have to head to the park soon.

Buzz------ What a great report!! I love the fact that you took the time to take the pictures and post them with the rest of us. I know there are a lot of us who appreciate it. Hopefully I can make it up that way one of these days.

Do you guys think it is an easy enough trail for someone to do on their own?
    I'm in shape enough to hike in, but are there any concerns one should think about (other than bears)?
    How long does it take you to hike into the footbridge?

Thanks for the help and the great post.
    -Ben

Great report and pics! Thanks for sharing an awesome day on the water!
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Default Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. This picture thing is new to me. I always carry a camera while bowhunting and take lots of pictures then. It's a whole lot easier to get a shot with a camera than a bow. However when I fish, I normally just throw a box of flies in my pocket and go. This winter i bought a chest pack just for carrying my camera. I put a clip on it and clip it to the wrist strap. When I want to take a picture I just get the camera out and don't worry about dropping it into the drink. Hopefully you'll be getting several more reports out of me this summer.

Brian, Your turkey pictures showed up as red "X"'s. I'll shoot you an email after I get back from my appointments this morning.
    My posts are worthless without pictures