Thread: Creepy Crawlies

Default Creepy Crawlies

Now that Spring has sprung and the temps are consistently up I was wondering if anyone has happened upon any of the crawling denizens of the park....most of the ones I have had the displeasure of coming upon have been of the harmless variety but they still give me a start and get my heart pumping in a hurry.

Nothing but brown water snakes so far.Copperheads seem to favor Abrams creek and Timber rattlers seem to like it above Elkmont,and I ain't been to either of those places since it got warm enough for jake to be out.

Seen a nice sized copperhead above Elkmont campground. For once I seen a snake from a distance rather than when I was on top of it. Lucky for me in this cause I guess.

I saw a chernoble ant the other day Seriously, I'm going to Elkmont this weekend, so I hope I don't see any snakes.

Stay home, or at least don't get out of your car. Give all your fishing stuff to me. They are out there just waiting for you to make a wrong step or grab the wrong limb

http://www.mcdowellnews.com/servlet/...=1173355587827
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    Stay home, or at least don't get out of your car. Give all your fishing stuff to me. They are out there just waiting for you to make a wrong step or grab the wrong limb

http://www.mcdowellnews.com/servlet/...=1173355587827

No way! I just bought a new Orvis reel!