Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finallly!!!!!!!!!

Default Finallly!!!!!!!!!

The last three years I have spent all of my free time trampling around the park wetting my line. Hours upon hours and blue lines upon blue lines I have tried my best to catch a nice park fish. Saturday, Bugg and I finally got to see me land some decent fish. I set my personal park record early Saturday morning when a 13" brown busted my #12 Yellow Palmer with a bushy yellow tail. Absolutely made my weekend. On my last cast of the day Saturday around 530 or so before we started making way back to camp, I threw up in a large deep run and as soon as my # 12 Orange Palmer hit the water it was toilet bowled and I landed a 15 inch brown to top off the day. The satisfaction, adrenaline rush, and euphoria that I experienced are exactly why I work all week to be able to fund my habit. I just wanted to let everyone on here know they need to keep casting because sooner or later you are going to get a chance. I may never have another day like Saturday, but it will be well remembered as Bugg took several pictures and even a video of me landing the last one. I'll try to get the pics of those 2 fish posted because, well honestly, I am as proud as a new papa!!!!!!!

Thanks for the great report and congrats on the fish. They both sound like they were a blast to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Speckleman5 View Post
    The last three years I have spent all of my free time trampling around the park wetting my line. Hours upon hours and blue lines upon blue lines I have tried my best to catch a nice park fish. Saturday, Bugg and I finally got to see me land some decent fish. I set my personal park record early Saturday morning when a 13" brown busted my #12 Yellow Palmer with a bushy yellow tail. Absolutely made my weekend. On my last cast of the day Saturday around 530 or so before we started making way back to camp, I threw up in a large deep run and as soon as my # 12 Orange Palmer hit the water it was toilet bowled and I landed a 15 inch brown to top off the day. The satisfaction, adrenaline rush, and euphoria that I experienced are exactly why I work all week to be able to fund my habit. I just wanted to let everyone on here know they need to keep casting because sooner or later you are going to get a chance. I may never have another day like Saturday, but it will be well remembered as Bugg took several pictures and even a video of me landing the last one. I'll try to get the pics of those 2 fish posted because, well honestly, I am as proud as a new papa!!!!!!!
    Man! You got my blood going! Nice!

you forgot to mention that we both caught the grand slam both days...i'll put some pics up soon. gotta love when all three species are in the same holes

Default pics up

Here is the 13"Here is the 15"

Must have been fun catching those on the dry. Congrats!

Awesome!! Congrats!!

JF
    “Joe” Fred Turner
    sasMaps.com formerly SmokyStreams.com - I'm pretty much broke, but my posted links ort not be. Restoration underway.

Awesome catch! Congratulations!
    "To go fishing is the chance of washing one's soul with pure air, with the rush of the brook, or with the shimmer of the sun on blue water."

- Herbert Hoover, devoted angler and thirty-first President of the United States.

Thumbs up

Very nice browns Speckleman. I have yet to catch a brown over 8" in the Park, but I have tended to fish the bow/brookie streams more than the streams with browns. I need to get a little more experience on those waters.

Neal
    Last edited by pineman19; 06-05-2008 at 09:40 PM.