Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rattling on the trail

Default rattling on the trail

Greetings! I was up at Greenbrier yesterday, on the injun creek trail, and encountered my first living rattlesnake in TN. WOW! i'd guess it was between 3.5 and 4 ft. long and rattling...and rattling...and rattling. The rattler was slithering across the trail and as soon as i was 10 feet from it, it started rattling and coiled up. never got aggressive. just rattling. i must've watched it for 15 minutes at least. never stopped rattling. got several pictures and footage of it rattling. most impressive part of the trail. anybody else have a rattler sighting?

why you're lucky to be alive, that is just a ploy amongst them to distract you, normally the rest of the den is sneaking up behind you to drag you off

Seriously, that's a big un, one of my co workers posted som pics of a den from Pickett the other day, it's right on a trail

Grumpy

Saw a timber rattlesnake about a month ago. He was pretty fat and around 3ft long. He was laying on a pile of dead leaves and i was about 3ft from stepping on him.

What is it about Greenbrier....several years ago, below the footbridge to Ramsey I was fishing with my buddy and we had a big timber rattler swim between us heading downstream....I saw snakes everywhere I looked for the rest of the week we were fishing....that snake curled up on a rock in mid-stream and watched every step my friend made as he tried to get a picture of it.....this one was brown and black but I walked over one years ago on Lynn Camp that was green and yellow....do not like those boogers.

Default Slithering Greenbrier

A fellow angler showed me a photo he snapped... It was, I'm assuming, a water snake snatching a Trout out of mid-air. According to him he captured the image somewhere in Greenbrier, of course.

I've never fished in Greenbrier......and probably won't unless the weather is very cold.
    http://www.troutanon.com rrainshaker at comcast dot netrainshaker at comcast dot net

Default rattle pics

how do i post some pics? i got a few, nothing to clear but it's definitely a rattler.

Default Pictures

Go to the websitse section of the board. Paula has a sticky note (first message) that will tell you how to post pictures.
    Don Winningham

I don't live just to fish, but I want to fish just as long as I live.

Default rattler

Me and the wife where camping on the North River a few years ago and the guy next to us fried up some rattler. Was very good to eat kinda like chicken and fish. Reminded me of frog legs.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wynnsman View Post
    Reminded me of frog legs.
    Nice... very nice. I like that one.

sounds delicious.