Thread: New Guy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Guy

Hello All,

My name is Brian and I am from Southeast Louisiana near New Orleans. My wife and I make it up to the Smoky's about once or twice a year and we usually just do some hiking and relaxing, but I'd really like to get into fly fishing. I grew up fishing "conventional" tackle for speckled trout and redfish down here in the marsh (which I still do), but I just got my first fly rod (Sage VPS 8wt - discontinued -what do ya'll think?) and am going to use that down here. I am thinking I will pick up a 4wt soon, for the smokies and for bluegill down here, and sign up for one of the beginner classes up there either for next Spring. Just wanted to say Hello, and that I'll probably have many questions.

Brian

KingfisherB, welcome to the board and welcome to fly fishing. Ask away...everyone is friendly and helpful.

Paula

I'm a noob too, so a lot of the questions you might have might help me out also. But welcome to the board of infinite knowledge

Default Welcome

Kingfisher B, Welcome to the Board. Once you get into fly fishing you will want it like that first cup of coffee in the morning. Everyone here will be helpful. Sure Knots, Monktrout

Welcome to the board! Be prepared to become TOTALLY addicted to fly fishing!

I suggest going by the store in Townsend, they are more than happy to take time with all us newbies.
    ________
    BMW R42
    Last edited by BamaFireFighter; 01-19-2011 at 02:33 PM.