Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: YELLOW YELLOW YELLOw

Default Count me in as well

I am not the best fly tier but I would enjoy being included.

Thanks,

Redfish62

Can I play?

I head to Montana for two weeks this Friday so if we get this nailed down soon I can get them in the mail by Thursday. Otherwise it will be the weekend of the 26th before I can finish up and that next Monday for mailing. Let me know if either of those options work.

1(one) more tyer needed and we can get rolling

ok Ben.....looks like we have 9 and waiting on #10 to commit.....go ahead and do your moderator thing since you did such a good job on the last one (Thank You)...I will photo and post a movie of the final flies when they arrive........ps...was hoping to get down this month or august but we now have to put a new furnace in and with the dual fuel furnace and central air we will be limiting ourselves to the Oct. trip (unless the lottery comes thru )

Gerry....I think you are right and that is a great idea.....so now you can post either 2 yellow, or 2 orange....or 1 yellow and 1 orange if your fly choice allows.....if there are no objections with this then Ben can take off with this show and we just need to let him know what we will be brewing up on the laboratory........

God Bless & Good Fishing
    bob
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13

oh yea.....make my tye the Smokey Mountain Forked Tail from Hugh's website......*I reserve the right to change my mind withing 24 hrs....give or take a few minutes (ya gotta give me a break, I'm a northerner.....for now)

God Bless & Good Fishing
    bob
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13

Default If no one has claimed it

If no one has made a claim to a yellow elk hair caddis I would like that is my perferd but I am very flexible.

Redfish62

I am look forward to the fly swap. This will give me a reason to take a break from my honey do list and tie some flies.

May God Bless You...

Bill

I forgot to ask do we have a list of tyers and what kind of flies each will be tying?

Bill

Default Summer Fly Swap '08

We are waiting on one more fly tier for this swap, but I think we can all get started with our flies. You are allowed to make 20 flies in either yellow or orange. Nymph, Dry or wet flies are ok to tie for this swap. Everyone enjoys getting something different so have fun with this swap.

Let's have the flies in the mail by August 1st which gives us a good 3 weeks to complete these flies
    Here are the rules for the fly swap!!!

1. Please don't procrastinate, everyone is counting on you to make this a successful swap.

2. Each fly will need to have a toetag, this is just a small piece of paper with your LRO username on it.

3. When you are finished with your flies, post on here and send me an email and I will let you know where to send them to.

4. Send your flies in a crushproof container with a return self-addressed envelope with return postage. The little plastic boxes you get when you buy flies from LRO work well. What ever box you send your flies in will be returned to you.

5. Communication is very important! Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Below is a list of the participants and their selection
    FlyManBill--
    Redfish62 -- Yellow Elk Hair Caddis
    Buckeyetrouter -- Smokey Mtn Forked Tail
    UofMontanaAlum --
    PeteCz --
    Flyfishjeep --
    BlueRaiderFan --
    jgduckhunter --
    Gerry Romer --
    Last edited by Flyfishjeep; 07-08-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Didn't post a finish date

Default fly swap

I would be interested in doing this swap. I will tie a crackle back if that is ok. Please let me know and I will get started. Thanks Bill
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.It's more important than that.

Smile

i am going to try a orange version of a tellico that someone showed me once if that's cool with everyone. ya'll will have to cut me a little slack i am a rookie.
    All first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly-fishermen and John the favorite was a dry-fly fisherman. Norman Maclean