Thread: snakey fishing

Default snakey fishing

well, if anybody ever wants to see a snake, apparently i'm a magnet for them. i can't recall a fishing trip,since the weather got warm, that i haven't come across at least one snake. very impressive creatures and fun to watch. my latest serpent was a water snake(i believe a banded or diamond back?) swimming in greenbrier right beside me. it found itself a still spot in the river, made itself comfortable and we just watched each other for several minutes. missed a couple of nice strikes later that day but had a great time anyway.

a couple of days ago, i was at elkmont and fishing the large bend before the campground. walking around the top of it, i spooked a water snake and it went flying into the stream! flying snakes are highly entertaining. as long as you're not in its line of flight, you're relatively safe.

Default snakes gone wild

well, i found more snakes. again. i was up at tremont a couple of days ago, casually fishing and walking along. on my way back to my ride, as i was walking in some semi-tall grass and i kicked 2 water snakes. 3 snakes went sliding down a few feet and just watched me. i got a few pics before my camera died. as i continued on my way, the next ledge provided me with 7 more slithering serpents, one shedding its skin. very intriguing. even managed to catch a couple of fish. great day.

Things no to do

Fish with knucklehead

Grumpy

Knucklehead......its really your sixth sense that lets you know snakes are around.......we thought you were the other kind of magnet.......

Tread carefully and tightlines........