Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Destin Trip in October

Haha, I knew you would like that photo. That photo is from one of my trips last year. If you know where the old crystal beach peir use to be(all thats left now is the wood posts underwater leading out into the gulf) thats where the photo was taken, just right in front of my condo.

Hey Panhandle, How was the storm when it passed?

Default The Gulf

Panhandle,
    How's the water clarity after Fay? Is the fishing all messed up after storms?
    I'm still headded your direction on Sept. 12-19, maybe we can fish together if you dont mind a new guy to salt water fly fishin . Great fishin to ya!
    Mark <::><
    Mark <::::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."

Default T. S. Fay

Fay didn't cause any problems for us. It is raining occasionally. The winds didn't get bad nor did we get any significant amount of rain. I don't know what the water looks like. I'll know better on Wednesday. Three of us old codgers are going to give it a stab Wednesday morning.
    Bigpopper: we may be able to squeeze in a trip when you first get here. I am going to Louisianna for a military reunion starting on the 15th of September.
    My e-mail address is on one of my earlier posts to this thread.

Default Choctawhatchee Fishing

Bigpopper: The water in the bay is pretty dirty at present. I went for a trip to Hogtown Bayou on Choctawhatchee Bay yesterday. WE got one small Speck and I got a very small Crevelle Jack on a topwater popper.
    The water should clear up in a day or two but only God knows what Gustav will bring us. I'll keep you posted.

Hey Panhandle, Hows the weather from gustav? Looks like tornados northwest of pensacola.

Default Gustav in Florida

Gustav didn't give us much of a problem here. It was windy and rainy as expected. The surf got pretty stirred up and it will take a few days to settle down. I am going out in the Sound tomorrow and I expect it to be pretty turbid. We'll see.

Glad to hear that. I saw some photos from the pensacola fishing forum website and it looked like the seas were kicked up a little with some minor flooding in backwater areas. Let us know how you did. That water should be pretty mixed up.