Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fly Tying Desk Photos

Default Gary

Man I love your desk, I believe I've said it before! I'm also glad to hear that I'm not the only one that struggles with that pattern! There is a definately an artform to it! I'm gonna have to have a sit down with byron and watch him one day soon! I still can't figure out how they charge 5 bucks for that fly....When I tie them they should be worth 20, 2 hours of back breaking fly tying all to come out looking like a clump of junk! There's a secret to tying them....I'm gonna figure it out one day!

~Brett

Default Puglisi flies

Brett, you're referring to the Puglisi fly in Troutman's vise, right? I found a video demo on that one recently, have it in my iPod but haven't tried to tie one yet.

sb
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Here is one I built. Plans are located here..

http://www.appalachianflyfishing.com...sk/FlyDesk.php

mtngrousehtr- That is a sweet looking desk!! How long did it take you to make it?

Default Fly Tying Desk

Here is a desk I built. I went to Home Depot, looked at what size wood (pine) they had, and worked within those parameters. I am not very good constructing lots of small wood drawers, so I used some rubbermaid plastic drawers and built the desk around them. Pecan stain made the pine look acceptable. Some fancy drawer pulls and then my wife helped me decoupage (spelling?) some trout around the edges. I did not use any plans, but simply built the desk surface, then the hutch, then the dividers knowing the size of the rubbermaid boxes, dubbing boxes, etc. May be a bit too fancy, but hey, I am in Ohio...when I am not in the GSMNP fishing, I have little to do here!

"Your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed, and, of course, without losing the faith that there's a bigger one in there." -John Gierach

Hey Brutus........O - H

stuck here in Ohio also......man that is a nice looking set up ! ! ! I will post my tying desk after I clean it up a bit (also my work desk)

God Bless & Good Fishing
    Bob
    Go Bucks (ps....I love watching the Vols also when we can get them up here)
    Heaven seems a little closer .........on a Smoky Mountain stream.......
    Jeremiah 29:13

Brutus- that is a very nice desk! It looks like a very well thought out and organized set up. We look forward to you getting down here more often to fish!

Thumbs up Go Vols! Yes, I just hijacked this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyetrouter View Post
    (ps....I love watching the Vols also when we can get them up here)
    Tomorrow night. ESPN. Rose Bowl.

Be there!

BTW did you ever get the yellow tie swap up?? Did I miss it??

Gerry

Default Fly Desk

Buckeyetrouter:

Bob/Gary: Look forward to seeing your desk. Yes, we have been going to GSMNP and meeting so many TN fans that we now "hoot and hollar" for them also. We were in a Townsend diner one morning when TN and FL were playing in Knoxville....The fans of each team were heckling the other and having a fine breakfast. Its great to see that spirit around college football...that is why Columbus is so special in the fall. The other three seasons...I would prefer to be elsewhere!!

Make sure you don't forget to post your desk pictures.

I-O,
    Brutus
    "Your stature as a fly fisherman isn't determined by how big a trout you can catch, but by how small a trout you can catch without being disappointed, and, of course, without losing the faith that there's a bigger one in there." -John Gierach