Thread: Who is the mystery woman?

Default Who is the mystery woman?

I'm glad I've never seen her on a river or stream...I wouldn't get anything done. Man, Hardy sure can pick 'em can't they?!

Default Re

That my friend is the Daughter of Mr. Hardy himself! At least a good friend once told me so!

Apparently you don't get alot of magazines or don't see alot of the new ads! There's one floating around the magazines of a lady in a cabana hat in a silver bikini on the front of a skiff in the middle of the ocean with a fly rod in her hand! P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N! A funny thing advertisers, the ol term s** sells, couldn't be farther from the truth! I obviously don't remember the name of the advertiser! Got a little to lost in the advertisement!

~Brett

I obviously don't remember the name of the advertiser! Got a little to lost in the advertisement!
    In which case, the advertisement failed.

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Fishermansfly View Post
    That my friend is the Daughter of Mr. Hardy himself! At least a good friend once told me so!

Apparently you don't get alot of magazines or don't see alot of the new ads! There's one floating around the magazines of a lady in a cabana hat in a silver bikini on the front of a skiff in the middle of the ocean with a fly rod in her hand! P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N! A funny thing advertisers, the ol term s** sells, couldn't be farther from the truth! I obviously don't remember the name of the advertiser! Got a little to lost in the advertisement!

~Brett
    It's pretty funyy that they didn't put her in chest waders lol. As pretty as she is, I'm still not going to buy an over priced Hardy outfit when I can get one from Orvis that is just as nice. I guess it's the exchange rate, but those Hardy reels are ridiculously priced when compared to Orvis. I really can't see a difference in quality either.

Who knows if it is true, but I've heard from some folks that Hardy will no longer be making their reels in England.

I keep hearing that as well and from guys that work in fly fishing shops. Too bad. I was thinking of getting one for my 3wt that I wanted to set up, but if I'm going to pay that much, it better be made in England. Everyone wants to outsource these days and I think they are losing some of the branding that they've accomplished over the decades.

Isn't it the Orvis BBS that's no longer made in England?

sb
    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, unless they fly fish... with apologies to Thoreau

Default Made in England?

From what I've heard... some of the new style reels like the cartridge reels are being made in Asia somewhere. I believe that the classic Hardy reels are still be made in the United Kingdom but not entirely in England which is why they no longer say "Made in England".

Daniel