Thread: New to the board

Default New to the board

Hello everyone I am new to the board and just picked up fly fishing this year. hope to get some good insight on the sport and maybe some warm water tips
    -Flyguy23

Welcome, Flyguy23!

I'm sure you'll find the board helpful and friendly. There is a forum on Warm Water fishing, you might want to start your reading there.

Paula

Thumbs up Welcome

Welcome to the board FlyGuy23! Lots of great people and info here. Its a great place to learn new stuff and to share what you know with others. I started fly fishing 6 yrs ago and its been a growing addiction . It's one of those things that when you start you may not be good at , even frustrated at times, but its a big rush when you get that first big Trout or Bucket mouth on your line, it feels like the're gonna rip you're arm off! It's all you think about sometimes, you think about it when you're not fly fishing, I just cant get enough of it sometimes! I Fly fished the Gulf O Mexico last week and even though the fish were small, it was awsome! Good fishing to ya!

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."

Thanks a lot for the welcoming words. Everyone here seems really friendly its great that this sport can bring people together like this I look forward to the words of wisdom.
    Flyguy23

Default Welcome From The Swamp

Welcome To Fly Fishing!glad You've Got The Bug (and Tied It On Your Leader).whether It's Popping Bugs For Bream,hair Bugs For Bass,or Tiny Willow Bugs For Trout It Can't Be Beat!