Thread: Cool Flats Boat

Yep, I believe one of my Shallow Water Angler mags has a short article on those or ones just like it. Pretty Neat!

Default Flat stalker boat

Hey Byron, do think somebody could fly fish with one of those flat stalker boats on the Caney Fork where I live? Thanks.
    Last edited by bigpopper; 11-08-2008 at 02:31 PM.
    Mark <::::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."

bigpopper,

I think you could if there was no generation and it was a warm day. I have floated the Caney many times in a canoe during the summer. I never turned over. Back then the generation schedules were not accurate. You never knew when they were going to turn on the water. I wouldn't float any of the tailwaters in something that could easily tip over during the winter because of hypothermia. I had a friend become hypothermic on the Caney one day. We got him to the truck and warmed him up. He was OK. I knew a couple of other men who were swept down the Elk River by an unexpected generation event. They almost didn't make it. Someone got a boat and rescued them while they hung on to logs. It was a close call. I would hate to float the Caney in one of these boats during generation. Too many things can happen.

Byron

I could see myself fallilng out of one of those ;-) Pretty cool looking. Byron, have you checked out the Gladesman? Pretty neat microskiff. We fished in one down in Titusville a few weeks back.