Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Identify Thief- 2 troutbums from KY

Absolutely that counts, I drove through the State once or twice? What about me?

Quote Originally Posted by flyman View Post
    I was just setting here thinking to myself, what if a female from KY liked to trout fish, would it still be proper for her to call herself KYtroutbum? Is bum solely masculine, or can it also be feminine? Just wondering
    Definitely unisex. Our guide this year on the Missouri told us some stories of female trout bums ... Did I mention I want to quit my job, go to guide school and become a full-time Missouri River guide.

My vote: Take the handles away from both of them. I'm 99.9% sure they aren't "real" trout bums anyway.

KY Trout Bums:

One of you can change your name to Bluegrass Fish Vagabond. Or Hilltopper Herring Hobo. Or how about Homeless Lexington Angler? Shiftless Char Chaser? Louisville Trout Tramp? Kan-tuck Flyfish Nomad?
    Any of these working?
    Life is hard. But it's a lot harder if you're stupid.

Do you live in different counties?
    "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
    Salvador Dali

I thank the feminine version would be troutbummett. Kind of like Smurfett.

Question

After much thought and spectulation, I am still amazed at my "nicely worded request" was drawing so much interest and valuable feedback. I am wondering if I was out of line? I hope not. Or is the cause of all the spectulations and suggestions either:1) ASTRONOMICAL- the current close proximity currently of the Moon, Jupiter and Venus. (The bright starlike things up "thar" when you'll go out to howl.) or is it? 2) FUSTRATION due to the failure to find the channel that carried the reruns of the Jerry Springer Show?

In a more serious vain, if you got time to play on the net, please pull up the site I copied from FOAL and send some Christmas Greetings to our Troops overseas. A former neighbor and along with several of my former students have been deployed and have gone through some rough times. Somehow the fact we are still fighting two wars has gone on the back burner in the news.
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...ad.php?t=24707

the "Original" (Ky/Kentucky)troutbum

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffing View Post
    KY Trout Bums:

One of you can change your name to Bluegrass Fish Vagabond. Or Hilltopper Herring Hobo. Or how about Homeless Lexington Angler? Shiftless Char Chaser? Louisville Trout Tramp? Kan-tuck Flyfish Nomad?
    Any of these working?
    CLASSIC!

Just go by your real name and end the confusion if it is that big of a deal. If you were more or less joking then I guess it doesn't matter. Personally, I like Bluegrass Fish Vagabond. Might be a good name for my bluegrass band if I start pickin' again.

Kytroutbum,
    Thanks for the site link. i followed your lead and sent a card. We owe these
    folks more than can be repaid.

On the other subject I thank it is tied to the Moon, Jupiter and Venus and an
    opportunity for light hearted jest.

Merry Christmas to all and as Lefty says " All THE BEST".

I "survived" 33 years of Middle School (and would do it again if I were younger-my mentality shows) so I know how to take things! The "Troutbum" actually was assigned to me as an STI (grade/ attendance program) access password from my reading John Gierach during SSR time. The "reading police"walked around making sure every staff member was reading also as an example for the kids. When registering for Flyfisherman.com, "Troutbum" had all ready been taken, so I modified it. I spent a lot of time the last few years of my career, online during my lunch period regaining my sanity, until some staff got carried away ruining a good thing.

One question- How do you have time to post during the day and at this season? (:>)

The magic word is "Survive"

Randall Sale
    the "Original"(Ky/Kentucky)troutbum