Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's Report - Weather Conditions

Default Today's Report - Weather Conditions

I noticed y'all are getting rain so far up there...I thought I would show some pics of what we awoke to this morning down here...I know snow is no big deal for the Smokies, but it is for us on the bayou - I've never seen this much accumulation down here:

And yeah, those are palm fronds for the snowman's arms...

THAT is all kinds of awesome! I'm so happy for you and the girls! What FUN!

Paula

It was completely unexpected...there was a chance of some sleet, etc, but it was expected to be too warm for any accumulation. I was amazed when I looked out the window this morning. Basically, the entire area has shut down - no one knows how to drive in this stuff down here, and there's no salt for the roads, etc. It was a blast...but it will be in the 70s by this weekend. The girls are lucky - they've seen two fairly decent snowfalls (for us) in 4 years...I never saw anything but a few flurries growing up.

and Al said were are in globle warming

Those snow days are Great.My boys and me are looking forward to a good one.

IJ,
    The weatherman on CBS last night broadcast from upstate NY & said so far they have had .25 inches, The Big Easy was ahead of NY for snow totals. Give all the credit to Gore for foretelling us of all of the woes to come etc, etc. haha.
    It's great to see the girls didn't hesitate to play in it, kids know what to do with snow, no matter where you go. When I was a kid we had, not a lot, but a considerable amount of decent snows to sleigh ride and tube etc. My daughter is 10 and has never had a good one since being old enough to enjoy it, I wish for a good noreaster for her before she gets too old to play in it. Me, I'll never be too old to play in it!!

Me, I'll never be too old to play in it!!
    Amen! I have the most awesome sled! I have been counting the years that I haven't been able to use it...and whining, I might add, for each one.

It's been 8, by the way.

Paula

I wish we had some hills down here yesterday - sledding would have been a blast...as it was, we had a great time, and I have the pictures to prove that it happened.

We still had a lot on the ground this morning, on the northshore of Lake Ponchartrain. However, all evidence of it was gone by the time I drove over the Causeway and reached the southshore. By Sunday, it will be in the 70s...a little more typical.

Oh YEAH!!!!!! I've got a Yankee Clipper, also got my Dad's from when he was little but mine is big enough for an adult. Wax up the runners with an old candle, stick a half an onion in a ziploc to grease the runners with out on the hills.
    We always took the tractor and blade down to the creek hill below the house on the secondary paved road. Push and pack a lane all up and down the hill, build a big fire on the side about halfway up. The whole neighborhood would show up with hotdogs and marshmallows--Good times! We would ride till 10 at night or so, really fun in the dark with only the fire in the distance.

We would ride till 10 at night or so, really fun in the dark with only the fire in the distance.
    HAHA! I have a slew of three candle lanterns that I line our road with so we can do night sledding. We have an awesome hill for it. Make up some hot toddies in a thermos, bundle up and head out! Nothin' better!

Man, we better get some snow this year. I'm really getting worked up about sledding.

Paula