Thread: South Holston-Watauga

Default South Holston-Watauga

With a bit of luck I hope to fish the South Holston and/or the Watauga on Monday and Tuesday next week. Possibly the Clinch on Wed. Would appreciate any news if anyone has been out. I usually wade below the grate. Other ideas would be welcome. Thanks, Monktrout

Hey Monk,
    I am going to be up on the SoHo on Monday with a couple other guys. Maybe I will see you around there. Everything I have heard is that it is typical combat fishing below the grates.

Travis

Thumbs up South Holston Brown

Quote Originally Posted by monktrout View Post
    With a bit of luck I hope to fish the South Holston and/or the Watauga on Monday and Tuesday next week. Possibly the Clinch on Wed. Would appreciate any news if anyone has been out. I usually wade below the grate. Other ideas would be welcome. Thanks, Monktrout
    Check out Plateau Angler's recent post in the December One-Fish-per-Month-Challenge thread... and eat your heart out!!!
    "I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck

Travis, I'll be in a black Subaru. Hope to be out by mid-morning. If it works out for me, I hope to see you. Monk

Fishing on them both right now is good. I have been on both of them and plan on fishing thursday and friday. Watch for the hatches. They have been good on the holston and great on the watauga. Friday on the watauga we caught around 30 fish all were decent size and 4 pushin 20in. holston is a little tougher but with the right combo u should catch plenty if the weather holds off.

afoshie, Thanks for the information. Let us know how you did yesterday and today. Monk

I need to start spending more time on the watauga. I used to fish it every week, but then I was introduced to the s. holston and the watauga got pushed to the curb and only fished when I had a just an hour or so to wet a line.

afoshie, were you floating or wading when you fished the watauga? There's a lot of ideas I've wanted to try out on the watauga and just haven't taken the time do explore quite yet.
    "I've got to stop wishin, I've got to go fishin"

we have been wading dont have a boat yet but come summer i will. didnt get to go either day plan on going tuesday. let me rephrase I am going tuesday no matter what comes up. we did go to paint creek and there is about 3 feet of water above what it was flowing. we did ok caught 6 or 7 all decent sized.