Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January One Fish Per Month Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Worrgamesguy View Post
    As soon as the Caney stops generating I'm gonna have to check out Nice Mill tomorrow, hopefully I can throw my hand into this.
    Don't count on the generation slowing down anytime soon. Current predictions are calling for up to three or four inches of rain over eastern and southern middle Tennessee over the next 2-3 days. If this happens you can forget the Caney for several more weeks at best... Downright depressing...I think its time for a trip to the Smokies perhaps...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Plateau Angler View Post
    Don't count on the generation slowing down anytime soon. Current predictions are calling for up to three or four inches of rain over eastern and southern middle Tennessee over the next 2-3 days. If this happens you can forget the Caney for several more weeks at best... Downright depressing...I think its time for a trip to the Smokies perhaps...
    For you or for me? I just went up to Nice Mill, and the water is still roaring but it isn't flowing over the dam anymore. I talked to one guy who said they stocked on the 12th, and surprisingly enough he actually had both a spin and fly rod. I'll be hitting Nice Mill up within the next week or so
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com

Trey....
    The net is a Brodin Ghost net....Tailwater model. One of my Christmas presents from my sweet husband! Check out www.brodin.com

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by ALflygirl View Post
    Trey....
    The net is a Brodin Ghost net....Tailwater model. One of my Christmas presents from my sweet husband! Check out www.brodin.com

Rachel
    Rachel,
    My wife bought me one as well for Christmas. I absolutely love it, and I have to recommend it to anyone looking for a new net.

Travis

That's a hefty pricetag. Anyone care to start a donation thread?
    Trey Nichols- jato_jr@yahoo.com

Nice catches all! Just the motivation I need to get out there this month! Thanks!
    Mark <::::><

"We try to be perfect, but we're only fishermen. We wade out into the water, we don't walk on top of it."

Default January Fish

The single fish was on1-3-09 on a bend back that I tied myself with the help of Lefty and Bob from a DVD that Santa left in my stocking. The three on the dock were on the same fly in the brush pile the very next day. The pair were the following week.

Default Not a January Fish

I was just cought by the three year old boss posting my fish pictures and she would like (demanded ) to have her Rainbow on the computer as well. It was caught by her on her Barbie rod and reel at a trout pond in Bryson last October. Remember to take a kid fishing!!!

Default Great pic!

Great pic and story and fish!! I think kids should be exempt from the more mundane aspects of this board -- like the relevance of june vs. january The importnat thing is that it was her fish... right??

Paula - back me up here...
    "I've since learned to use the best knot rather than the one that uses the least line. I go through more tippet material but compensate by drinking cheaper whiskey. One must have priorities." ... Art Scheck

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Romer View Post
    Great pic and story and fish!! I think kids should be exempt from the more mundane aspects of this board -- like the relevance of june vs. january The importnat thing is that it was her fish... right??

Paula - back me up here...
    Absolutely. She's right. The month started with a "J". Smart girl.

Paula