Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: January One Fish Per Month Challenge

Paula,

Did you not try the death-defying obstacle course in Cosby a few weeks back? I would have sworn you would be up there in a heartbeat!
    Charlie B

His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.
    bartonca@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2L8 View Post
    Paula,

Did you not try the death-defying obstacle course in Cosby a few weeks back? I would have sworn you would be up there in a heartbeat!
    I refuse to stop whining until there is snow on my very own death-defying obstacle course. kthx.

Paula

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Begley View Post
    Jeff,

Send some of that snow my way, please.

Paula
    Paula,
    You can have all of it!

Here in Northern Kentucky, we had about 3" of snow, then it turned over to ice which added about 3/4" layer of ice on top of the snow, then it changed back to snow and added another 5" on top of the ice. It's a real mess.

It is beautiful hanging in the trees even though we have lost a few branches off ones in the back yard. A lot of people are still without power especially around Louisville which is about 80 miles southwest of us.

Because most of my job is tech related, I was able to work from home the past two days so I was one of the fortunate ones who did not have to try to drive.

Jeff

PS. I'm coming to Townsend next weekend (2/6 and 2/7) for the fly tying class. No snow until after then please.

js

Default Finally went fishing

I can't believe that I have only been fishing once this month.
    Everybody knows that the South Holston has plenty of good browns
    Well, it also has a lot of little browns

caught this little guy and several that looked just like him last Friday (1/23) on the Riverbend stretch. Caught on an English Pheasant tail nymph casting to sighted fish.
    I was hoping to start the year with something a little bigger, but it didn't work out. I did hook one about 14-16" and was playing him very carefully so as not to loose him, only to let him get me hung up on the bottom. I also missed the hook-set on a really nice fish that was actively feeding. I'm blaming both mistakes on lack of fishing time lately.
    Not the best picture, may have had something on the lense. But, it looks like the only one I may get this month. It was a great day to be on the river and I had the opportunity to watch 2 red fox in the woods on the bluff above me. Looking forward to a good year.

Mike

man don't complain. It beats anything I have done so far this year. Congradulations. Way to get out and go after it.
    Romans 10:9-10 KJV

Same here. I went from the highest number of trips in one year, to not being able to wet a line yet this year. TVA is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
    Same here. I went from the highest number of trips in one year, to not being able to wet a line yet this year. TVA is killing me!
    Wanna fish the Caney? Looks like we're going to start seeing some windows at least for a few days...
    "Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

Guided Fly Fishing with David Knapp
    The Trout Zone Blog

David,

Wish I had seen this sooner. The Clinch was still blown out, so I tried the Little River today. No luck, the water was around 40 degrees and nothing was working. This is the first time I have been on the water this year. I watched my streak of 40+ consecutive trips with at least one fish landed come to an end. Oh well, now I can start on my next streak....

I will be in Phoenix this week for a conference, but when I get back we will hit the Caney.

Default Last Chance Photo

This photo is a photo within a photo. A couple friends of mine Dan and Anthony and I went to the Caney last weekend. We had a good day fishing. They thought this was a cool photo and I can't take any of the credit. It is somewhat different than the usual photo . Enjoy...

Hope to see you next month
    David
    Southeastern Fly

Default January Results

I threw this together while sitting in the airport, so there may be some mistakes. If you see anything, please let me know.